Oil Filter Removal Tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Grainger

Car
SL55, Porsche 996 C2 convertible
Does anyone know the MB part number of the oil filter removal tool?

My stealer isn't being helpful, says it's a dealer only service part. But he kindly offered to sell me a filter though.....

I have seen them on e-bay, but I am sure that I have seen in a thread that they are cheaper from the stealer.

Thanks

Paul G

I had the same problem with my stealer.

Jimmy's going to get one for me, maybe he can help you too.

Jimmy?

Somebody remind me on Wednesday and I will order some for delivery on Thursday, they are not much, less than a fiver I think, I can bring them to the GTG.

the oil filter on my 2000 e300td just needs a 36mm socket

Originally posted by 2swift4u
the oil filter on my 2000 e300td just needs a 36mm socket

So does mine.:bannana:

Not many people have a 36mm socket in their toolkit though.:D

You will note that the seller has neglected to include the part number, this is because the tool only costs about a fiver! I will ask my parts dept tomorrow, I'm sure they can get me one.

I use a hammer and screwdriver on mine (petrol models) puncture the filter with the screwdriver and turn, works a treat. But there again I am too tight to spend cash on things that posh Ha Ha

I have just dug out the invoice, the ones I can get are £3.50, so if anybody wants me to bring one to the GTG let me know, unless you want to go with Shude's idea and get one from the dealer if they will let you have one.

That one on ebay looks like it is an aluminium or 'monkey metal' cast, the one I have is pressed steel.

Have come across this number for the oem socket - 103 589 02 09 00

I have got some filter removal tools, I will be bringing 2 to the GTG unless anybody else wants one and lets me know before hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom