Oil filter tool size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi Gang, can you tell me the size of the socket tool thing you use on an oil filter on a 2016 W205 220d Please ? also does that fit a cls as well? thanks for your answers.

This is what I use on my 204 c class estate I would imagine it’s the same on the 205.9C37249A-B040-483C-A915-3DB10788BAD2.png

Can anyone confirm 76mm for the w205 2016 220d, thanks. ADD on question how do i know if mine is a blue tec engine ? thanks

Last edited:
My W204 petrol with a cartridge filter must be very different, I just go to my socket set and select the one that fits on top of the filter housing. It's nothing like the size of that special tool.

Bluetec engines have ad blue.

Your best bet in regards to the oil filter cap is to go down to Halfords and buy that tool I sent you and see if it fits on the cap whilst in Halfords car park. If it doesn’t fit then take it back for a refund or measure the diameter of the cap should give you the right size.

Bluetec engines have ad blue.

Your best bet in regards to the oil filter cap is to go down to Halfords and buy that tool I sent you and see if it fits on the cap whilst in Halfords car park. If it doesn’t fit then take it back for a refund or measure the diameter of the cap should give you the right size.
Great advice, i don't need it till August i was just looking for something to do, polished car swept garage so running out of jobs.

Check the Dia and count the flats or flutes as some people call them. Have a look on eBay there's a big choice on there. I got one for my car for £6.00 I actually used a £5.00 voucher that eBay sent me and got it for a Quid. It works fine. :)

Blimey you got a money off from ebay well done, i will put that on my Christmas wish list. Well all my spare time sorted now trying to decode your messages, ha ha.

Sorry Guys,,I lived in Russia for a Nr of years.....not that I'm fluent in it, and most is forgotten by now from lack of use. For some strange reason, it all revolved around food an drink.....:rolleyes:

I have used my strap wrench on the plastic cap on my cartridge filter in my M113 engine without any issues.
Strap wrench might be ok, if I didn't have the socket, and I've often used them in the past, but under no circumstances would I use the chain wrap. They can seriously mangle a filter. But in recent years, they only use the bio biodegradable types filters removable ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom