• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Oil in ECU - M276

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK55 & E400 Coupe
Will share this as it's pretty rare on this engine

Yesterday the E350 CGI passed its MOT (not a suprise, but always a relief) and had its A0 service by MBS.

The 0 is spark plugs based on time rather than mileage. In reality, Colin advised that they were optional, but seemed sensible to keep to the schedule and avoid next year's B service being loaded up with plugs and the ATF change also due.

Good job.....

To access one plug, the ECU has to come out.
When it was removed a small amount of oil trickled out......

Colin has seen this on the M271s, but not the M276.
Due to the very small amount of it and no secondary signs, I am going to live with it whilst he researches it further (I needed the car for a drive to Devon today) as plan A would be a new wiring loom (gulp!) some cam blockers (I believe) and many hours to take out and replace.....

Some chaps in the States seem to have found a practical (and I think cheaper) solution on the link below which Col is working his way through, but as this is seemingly rare I thought I would create and will keep updated, this thread as a solution lands.

2013 e350 oil in wire harness m276 - MBWorld.org Forums

At the moment, it fingers crossed and wait for an EML that may never occur, as the four figure replacement option stings (given my daughter's Corsas are needing some cash as well at the moment....)

Any comments at this stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom