Oil in egr and smoke from exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardcs

Car
Vito W638
Hoping for any help or advice in out of ideas! I've a 99 Vito 108cdi.... New injectors, oil breather, fuel pressure sensor, turbo pressure sensor, egr blanked... And I still get black smoke from the exhaust!!!.... Worst from low revs coming on boost I'd say...I've notice when I take the intake manifold off ots quite oily and pooling inside the egr.

Had a carbon clean too. Drives perfect.

Please anyone help!!!?!??! What could be the cause of the smoke :(

Any advice or ideas welcomed!! Thanks

Black smoke is over fueling. Usually down to a boost leak or a dodgy re-map.

Yes for sure i would say a boost leak, if your still scratching your head we come off lockdown give me a shout and i will come and have a look for you.

Yes for sure i would say a boost leak, if your still scratching your head we come off lockdown give me a shout and i will come and have a look for you.
Hi mate where abouts are you located? On the remap front, I had it done, years back before the injectors where sorted. It's kind of smoked post injectors.... Could it be the map? I guess theres no easy of finding that out without paying for it to be done!? The injectors whee in a bad way apparently the worst the garage had seen... Lots of coca cola and gentle persuasion... But it's all nice and dry in there now

Is there any way to diagnose a boost leak or is it not a diyer activity? ... I'm a tinkerer not a mechanic!! 😆

A smoke test is the best way.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, it's all been plugged in and looked at, and it turns out the van thinks everything that happens is a couple of seconds after is actually happens... Ie, red it, couple of seconds, can senses and registers...garage seem pretty sure this is the problem, just don't know the Cause yet..they think could be a bad earth, or worst case bad ecu ...

Hi mate hope you can still help.. So I've had New injectors, oil trap, turbo (vanes broken garage thinks from carbon when injectors where done), ecu (had a map on old one), carbon clean , egr replaced... And it still smokes!?!? I've run out of things to replace!!!

Hi mate hope you can still help.. So I've had New injectors, oil trap, turbo (vanes broken garage thinks from carbon when injectors where done), ecu (had a map on old one), carbon clean , egr replaced... And it still smokes!?!? I've run out of things to replace!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom