oil in engine wiring loom w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coddie

Car
CLC 350
Hi apologies for starting a new post on this one, I've seen other threads on this issue but cannot find them again.
its regarding the oil leak from the engine that contaminates the wiring loom and ecu, causing faults to show with the oxygen sensors.
As it seems to be a common fault, were the affected vehicles ever recalled?
secondly is there a way of preventing the contamination from happening, some adaptor or similar?
As yet, touch wood our w203 seems ok, but a friends has shown this problem, I was reading somewhere on the site that it's possible to clean the loom and ecu of the oil, is this correct, and if so what does anyone recommend to do the job?
Thanks for your time.

This sounds like the camshaft adjuster issue where cylinder head oil can leak past the solenoid and wick up the loom to the ECU.

Yes I understand that it's a camshaft oil seal problem.
I read somewhere that, the loom and ecu could be cleaned, the sensors need to be changed though.

Cleaning the loom is pointless. It will still have oil inside it.

The ECU can be cleaned with the correct electrical contact cleaner.

Ok cheers, was checking something I read elsewhere. They suggested you clean the loom with brake cleaner prior to fitting new O2 sensors.

Check that the oil filter housing hasn't got a hairline split . I've seen that happen before. Found it with engine on an bonnet up .right at the bk battery side. I've just stripped a 2002 w203 coupe if any parts needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom