Oil leak advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Azeem

Car
W211 E270 cdi - 2003
I have an OM647 engine with 217k Km on the meter. Diesel mechanics in my area aren't very reliable and I don't have good experience with them. Dealership in my country doesn't believe in repairs so I am left with very little choice for repairs. I am equipped with icarsoft scanner (v2) and I have basic tools.
I am looking for your advice on leakage in engine area, I took the covers off today, took the airfilter box off and there was oil seeping on metal tray, (there was no oil in airfilter box though).
I have owned the car for 6 years and I thought that my car is burning oil but now I am convinced that:

• it is leaking oil from valve cover
  • There was oil on the turbo as well as on oil separation unit
  • I took a picture from top of injectors and there was oil there as well, is it black death or oil seeping on top of valve cover?

Please see attached pictures for clarity.
Can you advince how can I fix this leak from valve cover and turbo. The car runs fine though and there are no error codes.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5611.JPG
    IMG_5611.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5616.JPG
    IMG_5616.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5617.JPG
    IMG_5617.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 16
How much oil are you using ? , how often do you need to clean this area ?

If the answers are 'not much oil' and only once every 1000 miles I would just leave it well alone . Black death is normally very evident around the injector seats, I can see none on your photos.

1 litre after 3000 km. Could oil filler cap be the culprit? leaking oil to valve cover and injectors.
I cleaned it last year and I am cleaning it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom