Oil leak from housing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goingmad

Car
E220 w212 se cdi 2014
Hi guys need help my oil filter housing is leaking on my 2014 e220 se cdi saloon I’ve got the new o rings from Mercedes direct just need advice on how to remove it please as it’s a bit tight to get in

Hi,

Where is the leak in the oil filter housing?

If it is leaking between the screw top and the housing, you will need to unscrew it.
To do that you will need an oil filter housing socket. I have one but I am not near it at present so I don't know what size fits your car.

When you have it off you need to fit the rubber O rings in the correct place or else the oil will seep along the threads on the filter cap and leak.

Was the oil changed recently?

Hi,

Where is the leak in the oil filter housing?

If it is leaking between the screw top and the housing, you will need to unscrew it.
To do that you will need an oil filter housing socket. I have one but I am not near it at present so I don't know what size fits your car.

When you have it off you need to fit the rubber O rings in the correct place or else the oil will seep along the threads on the filter cap and leak.

Was the oil changed recently?
Thanks for the reply it’s actually leaking from the bottom where it meets the engine but seems a bit tight to get a socket in without removing the a/c pump

Official procedure is to remove Power Steering Pump & AC Compressor with lines connected and place to one side.
But does that mean I have to remove the belts as well ??

But does that mean I have to remove the belts as well ??

Yes. first thing to do is remove the serpentine belt, well after you remove the engine cover and plastic cover at the front of the belts.

Attachments

• Remove_install oil filter housing.pdf
    157.2 KB · Views: 124
Yes. first thing to do is remove the serpentine belt, well after you remove the engine cover and plastic cover at the front of the belts.
Hi Pat, do you have a similar diagram and instruction's for removing the fuel filter housing? My E class is leaking a minute amount of water, but with no visible sign's of a leak, so I think that the fuel filter housing is the culprit.
Thank's, J.

Hi Pat, do you have a similar diagram and instruction's for removing the fuel filter housing? My E class is leaking a minute amount of water, but with no visible sign's of a leak, so I think that the fuel filter housing is the culprit.

Engine, model?

Check my thread out on the OM651 leak, epic adventure. :)

Engine, model?

Check my thread out on the OM651 leak, epic adventure. :)
Epic does not do it Justice Pat. Should be more like Cecil B De Mille's "The Ten Commandant's " in Glorious Eastman Color, with a cast of Thousand's..( slight exaggeration I know :D:D:D )
My one is a 2010 E Class W212, OM651 2.1 CDI engine. ,

Thank's, J.

On my OM651 leak thread, don't assume it's the Filter Housing. ;)

On my OM651 leak thread, don't assume it's the Filter Housing. ;)
Thank's Pat......No I won't. Not after following your "adventure's" with Leak's anyway.....I've added the leak finder, and examined it underneath, on top, the front etc with the ultra violet light...no luck. Its a bit hard to see in and around the fuel filter housing, especially near the block, where I'd imagine the leak is. If I'm going to open it up all round the filter just too inspect it, may as well get the part and fit it. One possible cause ( or solved?? ) eliminated..

Anyone know what this part is please?? Mercedes w212 e220 se cdi 2014

Attachments

• 3A4F8CFF-3DBE-4000-96BC-5621E9AAFF65.jpeg
    3A4F8CFF-3DBE-4000-96BC-5621E9AAFF65.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom