Oil leak on E350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Treddar

Car
Mercedes e350 CDI tourer
Can anyone tell me what's going on .IV got an oil leak also where it seems to be there's a mass of air flow blowing out from almost centre top of engine not sure if it's just air flow that runs through ..very slight at top right of engine IV took pics try to upload .car got hot yesterday smelt oil coming out from bonnet on top left corner and smoke .inside noticed oil and in different spot just to right next to dip stick I found a teas spoon worth of anti freeze sitting in gulley around a bolt ?? Cleaned this away .next morning nothing evident of any problems .The gully was dry .so started it up let it run for half hour .temp on 80 just over .nothing happening on engine just this airflow coming through So I took it for a miles drive .temp stayed the same but back home I could smell oil.It seems to be where the airs coming from .Also no warning light to tell me water was low which means when it was super hot IV lost water .ie the gully I put water in to correct level this morning before I started and there's no water loss .Any help would be very appreciative and am an avid learner.

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_153330.jpg
    IMG_20210129_153330.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Wow, that's a difficult picture to decipher! The turbo outlet goes into the aluminium pipe. There is a green O ring that seals it to the turbo. I think you will find the O ring has failed.

I'v attached another pic .the prob is between the pipe and the black cover .oil is spitting on to this and air is blowing out from same area.also no warning lights have come on.Appreciate you're input 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_145907~2.jpg
    IMG_20210129_145907~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Also if worth mentioning the oil isn't pouring out. oil level is still same today

Pic of engine

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_153224.jpg
    IMG_20210129_153224.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
In that location, as suggested by @Jobsworth, the green o-ring on your intercooler pipe will be leaking - it's high pressure 'vapour' so will make a mess but won't be dripping out in dollops.

It should be relatively cheap to get this fixed at an indie, around 1 hour labour or less, and a couple of quid for the green o-ring (and change the black one on the other side too).

Thanks I really hope your right the other guys terrified me .Can't even imagine how much to fix head gasket .Had that happen on a few cars in the past ..scrapped

I'll try to get it to garage Monday .update asap Thankyou to all for your time 👍🏼

It's liable for getting sprayed by all the crap from the bad green o-ring (assuming that's the issue). They cost ~£3 and the mechanics will have to remove the orange seals when they take the batwing air intake/MAF off anyway, so may as well get them replaced too.

Keeping your info close to hand bud .Thanks for heads up .my positive tells me your bang right .not headgasket

Hi there just let you know ... haven't been garage yet .Been I'll last few weeks but coming back down now and will let you guys know the outcome on my E350 this week .Again Thankyou for your input 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom