OIL LEAK w124 300te - solved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TOPMERCS

A friend bought a W124 estate on my recomendation, but had to put some oil in it every weekend,He had at times spilled on the rocker cover,so very hard to pinpoint where the leak is from,went on like this for several months, finally he went on holiday leaving the car with me.,I had a good look and for some reason i thought it might just solve the problem if he changes the oil cap on the rocker cover, as soon as he got back, i got him to replace this.,Checked with him 2 weeks later, and he said hasnt had to top up, now after 1-1/2 months, the oil level is still the same, did not have to fill up.
I thought i'll share this with you guys, sometimes the most simplest of things is over looked, infact i would suggest, if you have a car with high milage it is worth changing this, the stealers are selling this for appx.£3.50 for the w124.

Certainly a top tip and always worth doing anyway.

A friend had exactly the same problem - she was not the most technical and went on for months. When it went for it's service the garage picked it up.

Fortunately at the beginning of their investigation. One new 710 cap later and bingo.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom