Oil leak W202 C43 have I got missing oil sump bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waisal

Car
W202 C43 AMG
I have an oil leak which has got progressively worse, small pools of oil on the road overnight.
I have lifted the car and removed engine cover and cleaned up the sump but it looks like I have sump bolts missing please see pictures
Can anyone confirm this is the case and would it mean a sump removal and reseal?
If so how much is this likely to cost?
Thanks

84c7483a10cd16f19e0021f687f40381.jpg
853b5236f8df78b02765d6a9d15b897a.jpg
5e3b8305c558543644757094ad362cde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sure looks like you have some missing bolts. Why not get some replacement bolts, put them in and torque them up correctly and see if the leak stops.
If it has, nothing lost, but enough to see if you do need further work done.

Also might be a good idea to check your oil level in case its getting low from the leak.

Thanks probably will try that first.
Anybody know where I can get the sump bolts are they only available from Mercedes?

Hi,
Those holes are not missing sump bolts, they will be possibly for components bolted to the sump for other models.
put a piece of wire in one of the holes and gauge the depth, I will bet that there is no corresponding hole in the block and that they are blind holes.

Oil leak will probably be the cam cover gaskets or the oil cooler seal by the oil filter :thumb:

Additional to what justin1600 has added, there is a large o ring at the base of the oil filter housing and also there is a drain point under the oil filter housing its square with a 5mm Allen key bolt in it, these both can leak vast amounts of oil.

Additional to what justin1600 has added, there is a large o ring at the base of the oil filter housing and also there is a drain point under the oil filter housing its square with a 5mm Allen key bolt in it, these both can leak vast amounts of oil.

Yeah that's what I mean't, all them seals in the same area :thumb:

Thanks guys

Looks like I have a bit more investigation to do will also source new seals for oil cooler and oil filter housing, presumbly these are MB items only?

Hi
Replaced seals today but managed to drop one of the oil cooler bolts and lose it anyone know where I can get a replacement quickly.
Hopefully once I've got the bolts and all of them torqued correctly it should be the end of the oil leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom