Oil leaks 2007 E class 320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldbloke

Car
E Class Estate 320CDI Elegance 2007 Non- ADS
Had a bit of a leak and mist over the front of the engine that I feel I need to try to cure. It appears to be coming from a join where a hard plastic canister joins a rubber pipe from the inter cooler and the alloy pipe that leads up to the Garret turbo.
The car has a mere 69,000 miles on her. I

I have a few questions please.

Is there a filter or gauze in the plastic canister?
Is this a common issue?
The engine has suffered from momentary dying on harder acceleration before its fully warmed up. I don’t hammer it while it’s cold, but have a dodgy junction close to home that needs a smart departure. Could a leak here be the cause of this flat spot?

I’m doing quite a bit to her at the moment and have eventually got my rear air suspension to work (with some help from here[emoji1303]) and am currently replacing some brake pipes before an mot test. An idea of what to look for would be much appreciated.
Here’s a couple of pictures

35a8ae7c807476b086ba5e681b4f8b32.jpg
5a758daca6fdc09dd328e474093b70e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There’s a seal between the canister and pipe, probably that that’s leaking.

It could cause the fault but it would have to be whistling the boost out of there for the car to pick it up so unlikely.

Plenty of other things it could be any fault codes?

There’s a seal between the canister and pipe, probably that that’s leaking.

It could cause the fault but it would have to be whistling the boost out of there for the car to pick it up so unlikely.

Plenty of other things it could be any fault codes?

Thanks for the seal heads up[emoji1303]. I’ll give it all a degrease, and collect some seals from my dealer(100 mile round trip).
I haven’t got diagnostics but after everything happening recently am thinking about it[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom