OIL LEVEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woody1984

Car
C250 cdi AMG Premium Plus Estate.
Good evening all ,

My c250 had its MOT earlier today and passed but was issued with some defects . Apparently the oil level is showing to high on the dipstick ?
Ive not had any notifications on the computer so if it was an issue I assume it would let me know , right ?
so my question is should I take some out or just leave as the car is running as it should .
cheers
Chris

Maybe he was checking it had oil in it before he revs the nuts out of it and blows it up. I am always nuts about thing so i would remove the extra so i can sleep at night. I suppose if it was only a mm its not too much of a problem, but how much was it over by?

Maybe he was checking it had oil in it before he revs the nuts out of it and blows it up. I am always nuts about thing so i would remove the extra so i can sleep at night. I suppose if it was only a mm its not too much of a problem, but how much was it over by?
Not looked tbh because I thought it wasn’t a big issue as on the on board computer isn’t alerting me .. I’ll have a butcher’s tomorrow morning .. surely if it was that big of a deal the tester would’ve said something

Maybe he was checking it had oil in it before he revs the nuts out of it and blows it up.
^ This. No sane MOT tester would run the emissions test without checking the oil level prior. It's one thing if the motor lets go while it’s being tested, quite another if it lets go for an avoidable reason.

Regarding whether or not to drain any out, it depends if it’s overfilled by a tiny amount or if oil is half way up the dipstick shaft. Remember also that there’s a specific checking procedure which the tester may not have followed and may therefore have seen a false level.

Wouldn't worry until you've checked the level from cold.
DPF problems can show as a higer oil level, from not regenerating because of the short journeys, this can result in unused diesel being dumped into the sump.

What would an MOT tester do if a car had no dipstick. I can't see them wasting 10 mins trying to figure out how to do it via the instrument display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom