Oil pool at top of engine below cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240AUTO

Car
1998 C240 Auto Elegance
Hi during changing my MAS sensor today I noticed under the black plastic engine over of my C240 V6 there is ponding oil ontop of the engine but below the aluminium part that goes to the plugs......?? Yes fixed 1 problem and found another. Is this a biggie as we have a 8hr drive to do with the car soon.:eek:

If I understand the location correctly it must be the rocker cover gasket. Had the same on my e240 and had to change the gasket not a big job but whether its bad enough it depends on how much oil.

Mine was dripping on the exhaust manifold a bit but it was burning it off quickly and remained dry when the car was in use. It was wet again the following morning. If its not a lot you could make the journey but it makes your engine even dirtier the longer it stays like that.

Well my location is poor but when the plastic cover is removed there is an aluminium 6 legged part between the two cylinder heads, below this behind a little white plastic hose is ponding oil. If it is the gasket is it a diy job? Is torqing required?
Cheers

got similar problem

hi all, new here.

Got similar problem and mine looks like oil is coming out of the oil screw plug( well thats what the MB mech said). Cost about £8-9 to replace. Gonna have a go of doing it myself next week.
Inlet manifold head must come off to get to it so replacing the inlet gasket also, Mech say it take like 1-1.5 hrs to do on your own no biggy.

LOL funny thing is , i notice it while change my MAF too :doh:

p.s thanks to all the good ppl on the forums lots of info and good help, keep it up ;)

When you do it can you post some pics please.
Cheers and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom