oil pressure sl280

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dannyspark

Car
sl 280
Hi, ive noticed that my oil pressure gauge stays on number 3 and does not move unless engine is turned off. In the book it says the needle should move when revving the engine, is this correct or should it stay at position 3 on the dial? Its a SL280 1997. Any help on this would be great.
Thanks, Dannyspark.

With the engine hot the oil pressure should drop a bit at idle, then go back up as soon as you touch the throttle.

If the engine isn't fully warmed up the oil is thicker and you won't see a pressure drop at idle (unless something is seriously wrong!).

Id say something is wrong... the only engines ive known to stay pegged at 3 bar are the 4 cylinder 190E's.

Could be the sender.

Almost certainly the sender is faulty. Does it go to 3 with the ignition on but the engine off? If you its the sender switch.

Novice here with similar persevere oil issue on my sl280. Can anyone advise how cheap/expensive it is likely to be to replace the sender?

I realise this is an old post but hopefully my post will still get read by those that know....

Ta David

They arent that expensive... Havent replaced one recently but it fits near the filter housing... You will need to buy it from MB and I think there is a seal to buy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom