Oil pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suzanne

Car
1988 190E 2.0L Manual
I just bought a 2.0L 1988 190E last friday, until today the oil pressure gauge was working as it should, at idle it sat on 2 and shot up to 3 when I touched the pedal, but today its just been on 3 the whole time, even when idling. Is this ok or could something be broken? any help will be much appreciated, cheers:D

Originally posted by Suzanne
I just bought a 2.0L 1988 190E last friday, until today the oil pressure gauge was working as it should, at idle it sat on 2 and shot up to 3 when I touched the pedal, but today its just been on 3 the whole time, even when idling. Is this ok or could something be broken? any help will be much appreciated, cheers:D

It should be slightly lower on idle, do you know when it was last seviced as the Oil and Oil filter could need changing.:confused:

Thanks for replying guys, I dont think its had a service for 2 years :crazy: and I dont think the guy I bought it from was the type who would change the oil himself. What Ill do is change the oil and filter and if it still sits on 3 then I take it its ok??

Might be best to ask for an engine flush also if it hasn't be changed for a couple of years,won't do it any harm. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom