Oil shortage - the truth at last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in the UK
Well, there's a very simple answer.
Nobody bothered to check the oil !
We just didn't know we were getting low.
The reason for that is purely geographical.

Fact 1: Our OIL is located in The North Sea...

Fact 2: Our DIPSTICKS are located in Westminster !!!

Any Questions ???

One. Who says we've got an oil shortage.?

Two. Is this a political post.?

The only thing thing there is a worldwide "shortage" of currently is refined diesel. The world is awash with crude and sittting in tankers all over the world just waiting for refinery time and capacity.

Perhaps if a certain chancellor from the past (no names - no political bias) had not introduced and imposed heavy financial levies on oil companies penalising them for exploration and field development, we in the UK might be in a better position than we find ourselves in. We COULD easily be self sufficient in oil for decades to come IF the powers within westminster had just a small amount of pertinant business insight or knowledge.

I think it's a joke......

It started with an inaccurate message and attached a political comment, which I take as a joke but let's wait and see what happens with the thread, it will turn into one big whinge again.

#
Click 1

I applaud verytalldave for correcting the inacuracy. Thanks

Last edited:
The only thing thing there is a worldwide "shortage" of currently is refined diesel. The world is awash with crude and sittting in tankers all over the world just waiting for refinery time and capacity.

Perhaps if a certain chancellor from the past (no names - no political bias) had not introduced and imposed heavy financial levies on oil companies penalising them for exploration and field development, we in the UK might be in a better position than we find ourselves in. We COULD easily be self sufficient in oil for decades to come IF the powers within westminster had just a small amount of pertinant business insight or knowledge.

If you think they made mistakes with the oil industry, you should see what a mess they made of the gas industry as well. Now we are held to ransom by foreign companies controlling our own assets.

Russ

i found a shiny valve cap under my mat this morning... made my day, been looking for it for months..

Political yes - PARTY political no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom