Oil spec on w210 E320CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedesstar

Car
S320Cdi
Hi all
I have had my car for 2 years now and in that time used Valvoline 5w30 semi synthetic oil. They don`t however make it anymore, or at least I can`t find anything about it anywhere. I have looked for other reputable brands of 5w30 oil with Merc spec, but it doesn`t seem to be available anymore. I had the car serviced at dealer last year and they used semi synthetic Mobil1. I can`t however find a 5w30 semi Mobil1 with Merc spec. I spoke to Millers oil at the Retro race show at Stoneleigh a couple of weeks ago, they have a 10w40 semi or a 5w40 fully synthetic. They suggested the fully synthetic, although Mercedes Benz suggest semi due to age and mileage (128000). I understand that most if mot all newer cars run on fully synthetic, but 5w30 semi seemed to disappear overnight. What do others use, and have you been in same situation as myself?

Thank you in advance

Try euro car parts they have it coming out there ears.

Depends a lot on personal choice and which Mercedes spec you are after. The following link may help in your search for a suitable alternative, but note the different specs regarding cars with or without DPF's (Diesel Particulate Filter - Low Ash oils).
MB 229.5 - Multigrade engine oils (Specification 229.5) - Mercedes-Benz Specifications for Operating Fluids

Personally I use Mobil 1 New Life - suitable for both diesel and petrol engined vehicles and also exceeds the MB specs of Mobil Turbo Diesel oil.

Select the appropriate spec you are looking for from the drop down menu 'Select Sheet'.

What do others use, and have you been in same situation as myself?

I have used Mobil 1 0w40 over the last few years, no issues and the car has done nearly 200k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom