Oil spray near turbo inlet- W211- OM642 Engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wilko50

Car
W211 280 CDi -OM642- Engine
Hi, There is a bit of spray near the turbo inlet but also on a hose to the left ( please see pic). It is blowing from this hose and looks like I could fix it with a jubilee clip. Is it ok to put a jubilee clip on this hose ? , I wonder why they never did it when they made the car. I would appreciate your kindly expert help, I am not so great with engines. Thanks :)
1590071979961.png

That is the PCV valve and I would consider replacing it - easy job, just the three bolts, about 10mins. It has a rubber diaphragm inside which goes hard with age and heat and then splits. The new ones have an improved orange seal at the other end.

I posted about this a while ago - lots of info in that thread.

Agree. Get it changed. I got one on ebay from Germany for good price compared to others. See if Jeep have one. Lets not forget the motor is fitted in the Cherokee and that's how I saved money on my oil cooler and water pump.

That is the PCV valve and I would consider replacing it - easy job, just the three bolts, about 10mins. It has a rubber diaphragm inside which goes hard with age and heat and then splits. The new ones have an improved orange seal at the other end.

I posted about this a while ago - lots of info in that thread.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom