Oil type in instrument cluster menu

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Stratman, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Stratman

Stratman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
    I remember seeing someone enter the type of oil used in the instrument cluster but I can't find how to access it. I don't want to go all random with the menus and buttons so I'm relying on the forum collective wisdom.

How do I tell the microbrain the type of oil I'm using?

W203 C200 cdi '04 pre facelift.

2. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    From the 'secret menu' that can be entered when the key is inserted but the engine not running, ie not from the normal menu.

3. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    [YOUTUBE]I0cX0BD7QSA[/YOUTUBE]

4. OP
    OP
    Stratman

Car:
    W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
    Thanks. Mine is a pre facelift but the secret menu is similar.

The video, and the linked ones that follow it, showed how to reset the service indicator. What I'm specifically trying to find is how to tell the car what type of oil I used in the service. I know it's in there because I've seen it although it may have been done via STAR, my memory is hazy on the matter (and many others). What I'm certain of is seeing the oil types choices on the cluster display.

I had a fiddle through the secret menu which told me the battery voltage, VIN, threatened to tell me the oil level but didn't, various numbers and offered to put it into hooligan mode for me. No oil type menu though.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  5. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
  6. OP
    OP
    Stratman

Car:
    W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
    That looks more like it but it didn't work when I tried it just now. As usual, Olly's right.

Maybe on mine it was done via STAR and what I saw was it being repeated on the cluster.

Thanks for the help gents.

Edited to add Here's a link to the official MB instructions for several models.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015