Oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the days of ripping off the dpf are numbered. I can see particulate tests becoming part of the mot test.

I have a none-dpf diesel now and will change it away from diesel when I can afford to do so. My own conscience wouldn't let me rip a dpf off.

Reactions: 190
I have a none-dpf diesel now and will change it away from diesel when I can afford to do so. My own conscience wouldn't let me rip a dpf off.

If the people suggesting removal of DPF's had to push their few weeks old grandchild along beside a busy road they might also get a conscience.

Pedestrians aren't the most at risk .

Anyway on my travels I found a reasonably priced 229.52 which has some improvements anti thickening and fuel economy over 229.51 .

2018-10-09 20.51.46.png

2018-10-09 20.56.35.jpg

If you fancied more protection and even more dpf friendly but at the expense of bit of piston deposits , oxidative thickening and fuel economy what ever that would equate to , VW 507.00 .

2018-10-09 21.05.03.png

The car driver and occupants , up to 4x more NOx because outside air comes in from the vents and builds up in the interior .

But there is something you can do..

But the gubermnent won't promote it because it's not about health... tax your ass !

My DPF-equipped Diesel car has its original everything (DPF included...) and I have no intention to change that.

But what's the difference between driving a Diesel car that had its DPF removed, and driving an older Diesel car that never had a DPF in the first place?

Conscious-wise and pollution-wise, they are both the same.... no?

My DPF-equipped Diesel car has its original everything (DPF included...) and I have no intention to change that.

But what's the difference between driving a Diesel car that had its DPF removed, and driving an older Diesel car that never had a DPF in the first place?

Conscious-wise and pollution-wise, they are both the same.... no?

I suppose by removing the DPF you are purposely causing an increase in released particulates.

By driving a car never fitted with one, you have not directly worsened your cars impact on the environment.

I have no opinion on this matter. :)

Diesel particulates along with NOx can be stopped from entering the vehicle interior .

Some more info regarding the additional benefits of 229.52 over 229.51 for DPF-equipped cars:

'MB 229.51
Low SAPS Long Life engine oil for diesel engines with particle filter meeting emission EU-4 -> standards.

MB 229.52
Oils meeting this specifications must have lower ash content, at least 1% better fuel economy compared to the requirements of MB 229.31 and MB 229.51 and better oxidation stability for biofuel compatibility. Can also be used where an MB 229.31 or an MB 229.51 oil is required. Just like MB 229.5 and MB 229.51 this spec requires a long life oil.'

From: Mercedes Oil Specifications - oilspecifications.org

Don't forget if the grade is correct , very good for non dpf or fixed servicing intervals .

Just ordered 10L of Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 for my CLK320 petrol.

Oil was £39.75 from Carparts4Less
Mann Filter was £7.37 from GSF.
Free delivery.

Not bad at all! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom