Oily smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Belcher

Car
C55 AMG (2005)
Hey. I keep getting an oily whiff in the cabin of my car. C55 AMG W203. Not always, but enough to warrant me putting an air freshener in. Is this normal for these? It runs fine, no unusual noises or knocking, and no sign of leaks on my drive. Am I just being paranoid? Not overly bothered if its normal, just thought I should check.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hey. I keep getting an oily whiff in the cabin of my car. C55 AMG W203. Not always, but enough to warrant me putting an air freshener in. Is this normal for these? It runs fine, no unusual noises or knocking, and no sign of leaks on my drive. Am I just being paranoid? Not overly bothered if its normal, just thought I should check.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi Mate

chances are you have a leak that I dripping onto the exhaust manifold!

check around your rocker covers etc

as the car runs and oil drips it is burning up and hence the smell in the cabin.

that would be my guess, as I had the same thing with mine :eek:

Raj

Hey I think you are right. I had the first opportunity to look today and saw a couple of small oil drops on the top of the right hand manifold (looking from the front of the engine bay). Not a huge amount though. Cheers :)

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

Had the same with my W203 an indy said it would be costly to investigate as the leak was taking place at the rear of the engine... It wasn't a major problem just required a clean up before I sold the car on

On the other hand...hot exhausts can cause oil to catch fire...so, be careful.

Belcher said:
Hey I think you are right. I had the first opportunity to look today and saw a couple of small oil drops on the top of the right hand manifold (looking from the front of the engine bay). Not a huge amount though. Cheers :) Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

Rocker gaskets and the top breathers 100% are leaking.

What sort of price is it to fix that?

£200 ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom