OK...Bilstein B4's or OEM Mercedes Sport shocks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golden1245

Car
1999 C230K Sport
So getting the w202 B6's from Europe is too cost prohibitive.

Putting w208 B6's in my c230k is risky because I looked under my father's w208 and it looks really complicated down there, alot more bushings etc and seems like there is alot more going on in the front suspension of the w208.

w202 b6's, I think, are discontinued in US due to lack of demand.

So that only leaves me with the B4's monotube Tourings/Comfort shocks or the original Mercedes Sport shocks that came with the w202 sport package...The B4's are $92 USD each (about 60gbp) and the Mercedes Sport shocks are $134 usd each (86 gbp) from dealership.

Which would be firmer? The B4 tourings or the OEM Sports package dampers? I know the B4's are suppose to be comfortable, but I've searched on some US forums that they are actually still quite stiff. does anyone have any experience with B4 setting Bilsteins?

I have B4's on my C200, They're alot stiffer than the OEM spec dampers I took off, but mine we're off a classic that'd done 90k, so they lacked resistance to compression, over all I'm pleased with the B4s but they're pretty stock, they resist bodyroll alot better but the ride isn't too firm, ideally you use these with stock springs or with upto a -15mm drop, B6s or B8s are what you want if you want a sport AMG kind of ride, or flog it around a track. But overall I'm pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom