OK - so what niggles you about your car ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
What are the irritating things your car has / does that you need to sort out ?

I am sure we all have one or two. I have a small list .......

New mats - driver's for sure.
New washer bottle cap.
Few bits of bodywork to be attended to - bought like that. Bumper scuff, slight dent to boot lid.
Alloys need refurbished.

I get a weird flashing amber triangle appearing now and again - could be throttle related as it usually appears in Sport Manual mode :D

My side LCD displays don't work properly ....

I know how to fix it , it's cheap and it doesn't take long , i'm just nervous about taking the clocks out . :eek:

My fuel filler cap has stopped locking and my main battery keeps going flat!!
Other than that, great car! Actually, took it out for a blast round the chiltern hills today and for a heavy diesel estate car it really goes well! My extra wide bling wheels and tyres really help the handling too! The face of the guy in the Golf as I powered past him and round a tight corner (safely I might add!!) was a true picture! :D

Absolutely nothing :rolleyes:

Oops i nearly forgot....

That bloody rust! :wallbash:

Mines got 4 electric windows - the only one I ever use is the drivers one - guess which one stopped working the other day ?

Blooming intermittent fault on the window wipers on my car. Had it booked in to the dealer today, but had to cancel due to snow. Doh!!

And the occasional wine from the power steering on Mrs D's car.

My side LCD displays don't work properly ....

I know how to fix it , it's cheap and it doesn't take long , i'm just nervous about taking the clocks out . :eek:

Me too, same problem. It is easily fixed with 2mm rubber strips but every time I have attempted the "extraction" I've bottled it. :eek:

Track rod end gaiters/boots to replace (this weekend).
Squeeky rear lower arm bush (need special tool).
Fit 5 1/4in rear door speakers (Alpine 60W 0.99p on ebay).
Fit 6 1/2 in front door speakers (been hanging onto them for ages).
Make MDF adaptor rings for the above two first (maybe this weekend).
Finish wiring in the passenger puddle light.
Re-route washer tube so rather than running along the back of the bonnet it's the right side of the bulkhead (and the bonnet insulation).
Book lock rust.

Minor gripes.

Offset steering wheel and pedals (not an ideal RHD coversion).
Not the best seat design in the word, needs more tilt in the base and the wheel needs to telescope out a tad further. Its not a bad driving position but room for improvement
No aux input on Audio 20. Poor sound quality from iPod.
I have wide feet, the left foot rest could be wider.
Its black, I clean it and it never stays clean.

It's not a mercedes yet!

Lacquer coming off the alloys
Rust on all wheel arches
rear screen de-laminating badly
leather cracking on front seats
Oh, and 1 last thing!
What genius decided to attach the armrest to the passenger seat in the 124 coupes? :doh: I've lost count of all the times i almost elbowed passengers in the b***s after they put their seat back :D

Declan :)

It's always so damn dirty, even when I clean it, the familydogs get in and trash it.

A buzzing seat belt adjuster. Only happens during hot weather.. so not a frequent problem!!

The fact it has been in storage for 16 months :(

Dave!

Rattly centre speaker grill. And the stupid design flaw that means that the faster I drive it the more fuel it uses, you'd think they'd have solved that by now.

mine needs a good clean, just havent had the time since buying it to do anything, needs a clean, clay, cut and wax. and that really bugs me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom