ok someone vandalised my clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hudsonhicks

Car
CLK220
ok woke up this morning looked out window and looked at my car to notice wiper blades were up.. i thought hmm.. went outside closer inspection and find the wing mirror has been snapped someone tried to pull the wipers off and bent them in the process and they have scratched the paint on the bonnet with one long scratch with a key probs

how much money am i looking at for a new wing mirror fitted?

as for the bonnet am i better looking for paint correction or a new bonnet sprayed and fitted how much?

car is a 06 plate clk220 sport coupe

:mad::mad::mad:

Report it to the police/insurance,your policy should cover vandalism,unfortunately there are some scumbags around:(

Report it to the police/insurance,your policy should cover vandalism,unfortunately there are some scumbags around:(

Don't you wish you could just catch them in the act? :mad:

im glad i didnt catch them because id just put myself in prison for life with no chance of release

Let's hope the Police persue the perpetrators with the same dedication and vigour they used for elderly Range Rover drivers...

Sorry to hear of your problems - this kind of thing really annoys me.

I feel for you. I know when my car was keyed I considered selling it and running an old banger. I reported mine to police. Didn't expect any results but it's important the crime is recorded.

I did have a phone call a week or so later from victims support asking if I needed counselling. Hmmm what a waste of tax payers money.

Terrible!!!
Why if you work hard and get yourself a nice motor do some idiots think its funny to damage it.
Within a month of buying mine someone throw a egg at it and damaged the paintwork then another idiot put 2 chips in the back door.
I feel the same as You its probably best I didnt catch them or I would have ended up on a GBH charge

Report it to your insurance company mate. Afterall, that's what you're paying for. New mirror plus bonnet respray and maybe new wiper arms could stretch to as much as a £1000, so depending on your excess could be worth the claim. Also, the body repair shop will probably need to blend in wings and front bumper etc, so you'll also get rid of any annoying stone chips you currently have! :thumb:

im only 24.. my no claims bonus means alot to me lol.. ive got money saved up for repairs i think i do it myself.. i believe i have bodywork covered because i got body insurance when i bought it.. its a merc-benz approved use vehicle

I feel for you mate, get a 2nd hand mirror and a new star, and visit any good bodyshop for a quote on the scratch.

get the mirror done asap, but leave the rest for a while in case the *an*ers are local and come back.

What is wrong with these people?Perhaps its something to do with being small minded,maybe vacant definitely deluded and absolutely crass individuals. I know this doesnt help but aaaaaaaaargh.

Sorry to hear this... had my previous car vandalised, really annoying.

thanks for sympathy.. my car does not have a star!! this was a big factor when choosing it.. i know only too well about the population of this country so i thought it wouldn't be wise :D

maybe if i had lived 30 years ago i'd have a star but not nowadays

2eob9xw.jpg

sorry to hear this.

my thoughts are that the bonnet should be corrected, not repainted, and the wing mirror can be picked up for as little as £30 on eBay second hand etc..

to be honest, it does not sound too bad, atleast no panels were beaten in the process, just a pity it was your car.. the idiots!

i wish u luck though!

My commiserations. You never do catch them and if you did there would be a lot of people in hospital and prison.

Terrible!!!
Why if you work hard and get yourself a nice motor do some idiots think its funny to damage it.
Within a month of buying mine someone throw a egg at it and damaged the paintwork then another idiot put 2 chips in the back door.
I feel the same as You its probably best I didnt catch them or I would have ended up on a GBH charge

egg and chips? Maybe you looked hungry and they were trying to help!

Really sorry - in bad taste but couldn't resist it!

I hate these small minded idiots that get a kick out of this sort of thing. Imbeciles.

Sorry to hear your car got vandalised, that really sucks, and on your own property too. :mad:
Although it’s no help, it’s a good reason to install CCTV, it’s what I’ve done since being on the receiving end of theft from a car. At least then you stand some chance or hope in getting these individuals caught in the act and then brought to book for whatever good that does these days. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom