ok what's the matter with it..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
s211 e55 - tick
7 seats - tick
looks nice - tick
miles ok - not tiny but reasonable - tick
HPI clear (apparently) - tick
half decent spec - tick
private plate - a proper 3x3 if you like that sort of thing, included - tick

£6.5k !!! Really. Noooooo, its worth more than that surely.

Mercedes E CLASS (211) E55 AMG Estate

Either there is an underlying fault or the owner has misjudged what these cars are selling for (even with 130k miles)

He could get £9k+ all day long if he is willing to wait for the buyer.

Seems to have been off the road for the past couple of years judging by missing MOT history. Tyres seem to have been a problem for the owner over the past 8 years as well. Nothing major in the history though and seems a nice car for the money.

That’s a very decent looking car for someone there.

Does seem suspiciously cheap, but you can get lucky occasionally:)

Slightly patchy/off shade paint along the driver’s door? 744 silver notoriously difficult to match though. And as said has been off the road for a year or two going by the MOTs. The history/advisories are about par for the course though for a 15 year old/130k mile example of one of these I would say. Seller says he’s now had the wheels refurbished, plus new tyres and discs anyway :thumb:

In car buying/sales I really don't believe in luck and this one looks too good to be true. The ad is on PH so the seller must know something about cars and E55 is again not just ANY car. Something, unreported, has to be wrong with it which will require few £X000 to be invested.

I think there will be issues, but at the asking price unless its engine related it's got tobe worth a punt. Just looking at that OSF headlight i reckon the mounting has broken, But again no biggy

How many E55Ks is that you've had now, Charlie? Three at least counting that one, which I suspect is pretty much a bargain.

BFACC95F-C21B-4236-B9B4-0C83B79A7024.jpeg 0B170B43-1EE0-4489-8197-8AD6CCF20782.png I had to take a second glance when I saw this parked at my local MB dealer earlier.

Both 744 silver E55K Wagons, one in this thread ‘554 UXJ’, other one ‘WXX 534’

When I saw the 3x3 plate format and the 5/4/Xs it did made me check :)

How many E55Ks is that you've had now, Charlie? Three at least counting that one, which I suspect is pretty much a bargain.

I had a cls55 years and years ago now, and just your e55k estate Dennis...

Saw this and thought I’d buy it (if it works) use it for a few months take the plate off and sell it on again (or potentially sell my 124 coupe that just sits in the carcoon and store this instead)

Bit of an impulse buy as it was too cheap to pass up and take a punt.

I don’t mean to sound smug but....

The photos of where it was taken was a small bit of his house... he owns a classic car business and the car has had a fortune spent on it recently.

The car was better than expected. Utter bargain.

Too good to be true? No this was a genuine guy with a genuine car.

wBdF5kRRqrfoedv29

The photos of where it was taken was a small bit of his house... he owns a classic car business and the car has had a fortune spent on it recently.

Me, Now :wallbash:

Well done, a good result. But it begs
the question why, as someone with apparent access to market values why it went so cheaply? Dealers are not known for their generosity!

First up is best dressed as they say - well done - get photos up ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom