Oktoberfest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulyV6

Once sunny St Albans, Herts - now delightful Deal,
I'm best man for my brothers stag do in April (stick with me) and we're going to Munich.

The time we're there conveniently coincides with the Spring Fest which is apparently like a smaller Oktoberfest.

Has anyone been to either Springfest or Oktoberfest and if so, can you recommend any cheap, but decent accomodation? There'll be about 18-20 of us aging mid 20's to mid 60's.

I lived there during Oktoberfest 2007 and the city was heaving for a week.
Public transport became a nightmare and many many visitors couldn't find accommodation so set up tents wherever they could until the police moved them on.
I would recommend finding somewhere through TripAdvisor and booking quickly. I know for Oktoberfest many people book a whole year in advance. Staggering to see how many Aussies show up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

I went to Oktoberfest when working at BMW HQ.

I can't remember anything..............

Last edited:
My aussie personal trainer went to Oktoberfest and spent most of it in the gutter, totally ******. He had no complaints about the accommodation!

Staggering to see how many Aussies show up.
My aussie personal trainer went to Oktoberfest and spent most of it in the gutter, totally ******. He had no complaints about the accommodation!
And it's surprising because...? :dk: :D

I always use Hotel Condor when in Munich in the centre not far from the main station so its handy for travel. Untitled

It is reasonable and very handy for everything I would suggest early booking and the prices go up anyway at these festival times, they go up even more for last minute bookings.

We have done Oktoberfest over a dozen times and tend to book any of the hotels around the Hauptbahnof area (main station). Do a search in Expedia for Munchen Hauptbahnof and you'll be fine. There are all sorts of budgets and most entertainment and city centre is walkable. Have fun!

I believe that in this area you may find a couple gentlemens clubs, bearing in mind you are on a stag night ;)

Marc

Landed in Munich this morning but flying back tomorrow.

In the meantime found here an odd thing - Adolf Hitler beer. Seriously. Not sure if it's their idea of a joke or what.

In the local bars clothing, Nazi or otherwise, will be least of your worries ....:cool:

I found it in a hotel that my client is refurbishing, outside Munich. The hotel is now closed for the refurbishment, and apparently it was left behind by one of the guests. It is actually made in Italy. I am assuming it is not for sale on the open market, but it is new - the 'best before' date was in April 2013.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom