Old 3 button flip key required for parts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bloobloo

Car
2002 ML270 CDi
Anyone got a 3 button Mercedes flip key knocking around in a drawer etc that they don't need anymore? I need an electrical bit from inside but I dont know what the part is without seeing another one!
I've included the pic below to give you an idea of what I need.

I must have damaged the broken part when I changed my outer shell for a new one and probably caught the board when prising apart the old shell.

If anyone has one knocking around that I could salvage the part from it would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_06.jpg
    IMG_06.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 37
Hi, thanks AMGeed but that link is for the 3 button case only.
I've tried ebay and can't find a 3 button one. Loads of 2 button ones and the more recent 3 button smart keys, but none of the ones I actually need.

What won't work with the key, will the car start?

Dec

Hi, thanks AMGeed but that link is for the 3 button case only.
I've tried ebay and can't find a 3 button one. Loads of 2 button ones and the more recent 3 button smart keys, but none of the ones I actually need.

Sorry, I didn't pay enough attention to your post.:fail

What won't work with the key, will the car start?

Dec
Dec, yes the car starts but the remote central locking wont work due to the damaged component on the circuit board inside.
I can manage with it for the time being but it's a right pain locking up and unlocking when carrying stuff back to the car etc.

It must just be me who seems to accumilate left over keys from vehicles that I used to own.At the min I have renault, Vauxhall, peugeot and Alfa Romeo!

Guess what... they're all different and don't have the part I need in them. Only Merc will do and it has to be the same remote as in the pic. All this because I wanted a new shell for my remote that I could put my front door keyring on as my original one had snapped. :doh:

Unfortunately not. It seems pretty much mangled. Hence me wanting to either see another one close up and hopefully identify the part I need, or get another key and transplant the part from the new one.

American version below but not close-up enough.

Dec
531501d1375846420-key-2000-ml55-8.jpg

Pictures… Key Programmer for PCF7935 chips - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
473831d1350345909-key-programmer-pcf7935-chips-dsc02080.jpg

473834d1350345909-key-programmer-pcf7935-chips-dsc02083.jpg

So it is safe to say that the mangled part on mine is the problem looking at those pics. Now to ind what that part actually is and the value!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom