'old Cars'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamsh

Car
2000 SLK 320
Just back from a Euro trip, where I drove various cars (mainly friends) in different situations (urban/rural) in various countries (Spain, France, Belgium, Germany) and have come to the not surprising conclusion, that my 20 year old 300Ce is soooooo much better than all the 'modern' machines, in terms of comfort, looks, performance and CLASS.

Ah! Class, something we seem to have left behind...

I couldn't agree more with you! I drive my 1992 W24 300E daily (already considered an old car), it has style and comfort but I really want some glamour I take out my 1976 W116.
Truly from a time when cars did NOT look like each other and they had personality.

Just back from a Euro trip, where I drove various cars (mainly friends) in different situations (urban/rural) in various countries (Spain, France, Belgium, Germany) and have come to the not surprising conclusion, that my 20 year old 300Ce is soooooo much better than all the 'modern' machines, in terms of comfort, looks, performance and CLASS.

Think you hit it on the nose.... i have not travelled over europe in my w124 e220 coupe but all over England and it beats any other car i have been in.

As a full member of this forums 124 appreciation society, I've just got another one today. this is a '92 300e in that lovely metal red colour.

pics tomorrow when its been washed.....

I got another 190 today. I cant wait to get her on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom