Old Drugs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I'm tiding up before xmas; and have gotten the courage to go through the box of Worf's stuff (my old dog that passed away).

I've found a large stash of fentanyl and tramadol - all expired or about to expire.

Any ideas on what the best way to dispose of this is? I would bring it to the local dogs trust, but the only stuff that isn't expired will expire in a few weeks.

M.

I'm sure if you take it to any chemist they will dispose of it safely

^As above. NHS advice is to take to a chemist for destruction/disposal.

Chemist may charge. If so, perhaps take it back to the vet for disposal?

Just mix it with some water and down it! What's the worst that could happen??

NHS advice..

"How can I dispose of medicines safely?
The best way to dispose of medicines that are no longer needed is to return them to your pharmacist.
This service is available at every pharmacy, it is free-of-charge and some pharmacies may even carry out local collections. Try to return unwanted medicines in their original packaging where possible, as some medicines need special handling."

Thanks - I presume they also deal with dog-drugs?

I'll pop by the pharmacy tomorrow either way and see if they'll take them.

M.

Thanks - I presume they also deal with dog-drugs?

I'll pop by the pharmacy tomorrow either way and see if they'll take them.

M.

Yes, they will take vetinary drugs, many are the same as human medicines anyway!

Fentanyl is a controlled drug in the UK and is subject to schedule 2 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations. Tramadol is schedule 3. You don't want these around the house if there is no longer any use for them. Keep to hand any packaging and documentary evidence of their prescription circumstances till you get rid of them.

Fentanyl is a controlled drug in the UK and is subject to schedule 2 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations. Tramadol is schedule 3. You don't want these around the house if there is no longer any use for them. Keep to hand any packaging and documentary evidence of their prescription circumstances till you get rid of them.

Spinal.

It's Saturday night...isn't there a Rave anywhere near you?

Very aware of that - the reason I didn't just dump them in the bin. Actually have a bit too much tramadol when we got them they gave us 2 boxes instead of 2 blister strips... (200 instead of 20 tablets).

The fentanyl patches I was given gloves to handle! Was told not to touch them with my bare skin (which made me curious so I had to look them up as I hadn't heard of them before).

M.

I'd take them back to the clinic that prescribed them.

As said, they are controlled, need to be a bit careful.

As WN suggests - many are human-drugs as well like Tramadol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom