Old English cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
So driving down the M20 first thing this morning in my UK plated Merc, I drive passed a lot of Triumphs, MGs etc. all with German plates.

How times have changed...

They are the nation with enough engineering skill left to keep these old sheds on the road.

Many Triumphs and MGs were sold new there. My sister's first boyfriend, Ingo the German student, had a thing for Jaguars of which he had three. He worked as a taxi driver to pay for the work required, which was enormous.

I'm quite surprised that they are driving them though, most German classic car owners trailer them everywhere.

Their companies also own most of the great names of the British car industry.

I'm quite surprised that they are driving them though, most German classic car owners trailer them everywhere.

There was one MG being towed by, you guessed it, a C Class Merc but apart from that - the rest were being driven.

Saw much the same in the South of France 2 years ago. Older English cars driven by Dutch, Belgians and Germans.

Triumph cars and bikes were started by a German guy in Coventry at a site near the new Cathedral extension and the marque is now owned by BMW. We only borrowed the brand and labelled it as British car for a while!
You should see the interest and the money they spend on them in the States now.
Siegfried Bettmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom