Old Man Shouting At Clouds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Thanks to @KillerHERTZ for the wonderful thread title! As I get older, more of the "little things" annoy/confuse/perplex me - and reading through threads I'm not alone. Let's keep them to this single thread - only rules are keep it light and no fighting!!

As I Get Older........ More and more people insist on having hands-free and even video calls in public. I really don't want to see/hear who did what and to whom and of course, the very medium means they SHOUT. Humphhhh

The thing I can’t get my head round is all this non-binary stuff. Calling yourself them/they or whatever. I was always bought up to believe if your born with an inny your a girl/she/her and if you was born with an outty you were a boy/he/him.
Not meant in any single way to cause concern I just can’t get my head around it that’s all.

I wonder where all these food intolerances come from. I don't remember any such thing when i was younger. Genuinely would be interested to know if this is a modern affliction/due to conditioning or was it just not widely known and publicised previously. We have quite a few friends with small children and there always seems to be a "....won't eat x, y or z" etc. When i was growing up you ate what was given, no questions. And you asked to leave the table!

I wonder where all these food intolerances come from. I don't remember any such thing when i was younger. Genuinely would be interested to know if this is a modern affliction/due to conditioning or was it just not widely known and publicised previously. We have quite a few friends with small children and there always seems to be a "....won't eat x, y or z" etc. When i was growing up you ate what was given, no questions. And you asked to leave the table!
My ole dad is convinced that many illnesses/food intolerances are down to what we eat. An example being processed food with preservatives to extend best before dates sold by the supermarkets to the minions.

He said int ‘good ole days’ before supermarkets people bought from butchers, greengrocers, bakeries, milkman, egg man etc.

Also modern living, perfectly clean houses/environments. All cosy warm with no fresh air/draughts entering the house.

He said years ago you’d have one cosy room in the house by the fire. The rest of the house was cold and fresh.

However, when I ask him if he’d rather live as he used to? “No thank you!” 🤷‍♂️

When i was growing up you ate what was given, no questions. And you asked to leave the table!
Just thinking about this. I wonder if those 2 practices have been slowly phased out because each generation have disliked it? So kind of:

“When I grow up and have kids, I’ll never make them eat food they don’t like and/or make meal times feel like jail!”

I certainly know my wife and I changed it with our daughter. Memories of our parents making us eat food that we found disgusting.

Thanks to @KillerHERTZ for the wonderful thread title! As I get older, more of the "little things" annoy/confuse/perplex me - and reading through threads I'm not alone. Let's keep them to this single thread - only rules are keep it light and no fighting!!

As I Get Older........ More and more people insist on having hands-free and even video calls in public. I really don't want to see/hear who did what and to whom and of course, the very medium means they SHOUT. Humphhhh
Hi , should be title of the year

On a different tack, as I get older I am to some degree regressing back to childhood. The kids have gone the mortgage is long since paid. More money than I need in the form of pensions gets deposited in my account every month and I don't have to do anything for it. In short I have no responsibilities. Even the grandkids treat me as one of them and I behave likewise, which is something their parents can't do. It's a golden age if your body holds out.

On a different tack, as I get older I am to some degree regressing back to childhood. The kids have gone the mortgage is long since paid. More money than I need in the form of pensions gets deposited in my account every month and I don't have to do anything for it. In short I have no responsibilities. Even the grandkids treat me as one of them and I behave likewise, which is something their parents can't do. It's a golden age if your body holds out.
Know what you mean - my wife has a very badly sprained wrist, bruised knee and carpet burn on her nose (don't ask!) from helping our grandson at his soft-play (!) birthday party :crazy: :rolleyes: 😁

I get more than somewhat frustrated by having to wait two months for an overdue annual check-up with my optician, to whom I have paid £10 per month for at least 12 years to get a discount on frames & an annual checkup, and my dog gets his 6 monthly check-up & jabs almost on-demand.

NJSS

I get more than somewhat frustrated by having to wait two months for an overdue annual check-up with my optician, to whom I have paid £10 per month for at least 12 years to get a discount on frames & an annual checkup, and my dog gets his 6 monthly check-up & jabs almost on-demand.

NJSS
I get free eye checks now, ask for the prescription and use Glasses Direct online - way cheaper and the quality is miles ahead of where it used to be. Can even offer discount to members.... :)

NJSS
Why do you take your dog to the opticians??
:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom