Old Man Shouting At Clouds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive found as well - there was always a desire for the "latest" thing when i was younger. But now i desire "older" things. That's weird. I thought i had reached the limit with my 1966 lawnmower that's being coaxed back to life but at the weekend for some reason acquired a paleolithic hand axe! 🤔

Oi! Don't be so ageist! I'll have you know I've been grumpy and intolerant for the past 35 years. Anyhoo, can't hang around here; off to shout at the sparrows for cheeping too loudly 🤬
Parakeets ! Don't get me started on these wretched feral Parakeets !

Who let them into the country....?

Wretched things, they come into our country, take all our jobs, marry all our sparrows....

Feral parakeets in Great Britain - Wikipedia

Psittacula_krameri_-Kew_Gardens_-London-6.jpg

I commend this series to my fellow "grumpies":
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would have linked the first episode, but the YouTube nanny insists that you sign in to watch it because "some may be offended by the content" :rolleyes:

Pah! :mad:

Sitting down at the football. When, exactly did this become a "thing"?

My club (QPR) is going through a protracted debate about this and it's getting on my nerves. I went to Orient away. Stood up. I went to West Brom away. Stood up. Go to a home game I have to sit down. It feels very alien to me and as soon as there's action, I'm up out of my seat but have to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure the people behind are doing the same.

The sooner they bring back standing the better and I'll happily move to wherever they put it.

Whose idea were the seats? Get them out!

Sitting down at the football. When, exactly did this become a "thing"?

Whose idea were the seats? Get them out!
1989: Hillsborough, surely?

But, in truth, other forces were at play.

And, after 30 years, my wife has certainly turned into a slightly more modern version of her mother.

Further proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Wish I'd known THAT 30-odd years ago.
My wife was adopted (as a baby) and she is exactly like her adoptive mother. Over the years I’ve become a firm believer that nurture is more influential than nature.

You're right.

Which reminds me of this American habit, which I loathe, of people eating separately, and not at the table as well as grazing from the fridge.

Can't understand why people don't take 15-30 minutes to eat something interesting slowly together. To come together for a brief moment, share some news and thoughts, and to leave the table feeling full.

The biggest people I know are all grazers & stuffers. Anxious over-eaters in a hurry, who barely notice what they're eating and that they've eaten.

Or you could all go to a restaurant together and sit and look at your smartphones.

Sparrows, Sparrows you say, you're Lucky! :rolleyes:
Im going to berate the Hedgehog tonight for defecating all over the patio. And in it's food bowl - what's that all about?!

Why do I have to sit down on the bed to put my socks on - are my feet too far away from my hands or is my belly too big to bend enough?

Why is it that I hop about like a mad dervish trying to put my feet through the correct leg in my pants and trousers, and have a 50/50 chance of falling over before I get it right?

My wife was adopted (as a baby) and she is exactly like her adoptive mother. Over the years I’ve become a firm believer that nurture is more influential than nature.
Exactly my point.

That said, I also have two adopted nieces which although they are very much like their adoptive mother, my sister, are enormously different - one an obsessive eater & drinker, the other OCD slender, fashionable and controlling, which "the family" think comes from their birth parents rather than their adopted parents. Their brother is the spitting image of his father, with all his virtues and weaknesses.

Schools and work provide their own gloss and spin as well, of course.

There's nothing like a good funeral as a place to compare generations of adults. Recommended.

Or you could all go to a restaurant together and sit and look at your smartphones.
During a meal ?

Is this another American habit?

Why do I have to sit down on the bed to put my socks on - are my feet too far away from my hands or is my belly too big to bend enough?
I'm so glad you said that; I thought it was just me and that my arms had shrunk☹️

During a meal ?

Is this another American habit?

But there’s no right or wrong surely? Just different opinions. The family having a meal whist on their phones aren’t doing anyone else any harm. And they must like it or they wouldn’t do it.

Each to their own. We’re all different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom