old tech vs new tech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DuncS3

Car
2017 C63S Coupe, 2005 E46 M3, 1988 Audi quattro
I have a new E63 (65 plate) loaner car for a day or two - fine car but after driving the new C63 for a few weeks the gulf in the in car technology is really apparent. Mostly it is the dials and sat nav screen which look ancient in comparison to the new cars dials and nav technology. The W205 cars screen, ignoring the stick on nature of it, is quite large and very hi-res compared to the older inbuilt nav units.

What is not good for the W204 C63 also, is that the E63 is actually way ahead of the W204 C63 in terms of its tech - I mean this car has adjustable suspension like the new W205 C, the heater controls look more modern and the massage seats are fantastic :)

Just pointing out how quickly you get used to the new stuff - it was quite eye opening to 'go back'

Dunc

Good question! Unfortunately the car had literally 30 miles on it when i got it, so I am respecting the running in period. Who knows someone on here might buy it one day.

But I was sort of thinking the 5.5 might sound a bit better - bit more closer to the 6.2 - less bass than the 4.0 but a bit more rumble.

Shame as I would love to really test the noise.

C8EF1401-BA3A-4C7F-ACE2-051000AF7B44_zpshihwfsvb.jpg

I have to say though - nice car and all but I cannot imagine who would buy a brand new E63 now - it is really dated. I couldn't choose this over a M5.

I did. They aren't that bad lol. Though I'm looking forward to the 213.

Of course :) first world problems and all that when you can be critical of a brand new e63! It's in that top percentage of cars on the road. It's a good car and I'm just being overly critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom