Old Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by bhav, Jun 13, 2011.

1. bhav

bhav Active Member

Car:
    CLK200K Avantgarde
    Just had a go at trying to remove some of the corrosion on my old brabus reps, tried sanding down the lacquer with 240 then 800 then 1500 then a bit of g3 compound with the da, but I think this job is going to take a while to do the set!

Attached Files:

2. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    IVe got a set of those which i had a go at a while ago but its v difficult to get the lacquer off without sand blasting or acid dipping.

3. OP
    OP
    bhav

bhav Active Member

Car:
    CLK200K Avantgarde
    Yeah I might just ret them refurbed and stick them up for sale I think

4. lakelord

lakelord Member

Car:
    CL600 biturbo; CLK430 Cab; NOBLE GT03;SAAB 9000 Turbo
    I'd send them off to be professionally refurb'd if I were you. I've got the 2 piece AMG ones that look very similar to that and they were all suffering from terrible corrosion where the two pieces meet. Had them chemically stripped, blasted and powder coated - the rims in silver and the centre a graphite grey colour. They really look good in this combination and set the car off a treat. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Tags: