Oldest thread revival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Just curious, seen a few old threads on here revived recently by newbies and wondered which is the oldest one ever revived. Probably one for the mods to answer if they have that data available....:)

It would take manual labour to find this out and non of the mods are really into that I'm afraid!

I could always resurrect an ancient thread to settle the argument I suppose...

It would take manual labour to find this out and non of the mods are really into that I'm afraid!

I could always resurrect an ancient thread to settle the argument I suppose...

Hmmm, I guess but that would defeat the object ;)

What about the first thread ever posted bar - Here we are this is how it works welcome to MBClub.Uk thing.

Just wondering is there anything wrong with reserructing an old thread? I just got a feeling it's bad "netiquette"? Or is it better to start a new thread?

Not sure on ettiquette but seems weird the number of new members who have decided to contribute to threads that are 2/3 years old.

I'd rather new people used the search feature and added to older threads especially when it's a technical discusion on a problem with a car as it is easier to keep all the info together.

I'm going to revive this thread in about 4 years time...

I think it's a simple as they don't check the date of the last posting

Or maybe they find the forum (and particular thread) through a google search, for example?

I don't see a particular problem with old thread revival if it's for genuine reason - ie, further discussion on an existing issue or advice :)

Will

Sure, but often its just to make a random comment

True - some of the newbie posts do occasionally seem little more than attempts to boost their post count!

Isn`t it better that a newbie actually uses their initiative first and tries to find an answer to a question by using the search facility and then post a follow-up in an older thread, rather than the `regulars` having to see the same queries asked over and over,and over,and over again?
Failure to use the search facility and posting questions that could have been found in a previous topic is a far more serious case of poor "nettiquette" and/or forum faux pas!

Or
'my remote key is broken, are the 9.99 jobbies off e-bay any good, the seller says anyone can re-programme them?'

i'm thinking of trading in my 180Cdi in for 6.3 litre V8, whats the fuel economy like?

:D

A newbie is as much a member as any of us. Are we really so self important and busy that we can't cut a little slack for a valued new member? It doesn't take long to learn, and anyway, who of us hasn't made a mistake on here?

My W210 has some rust... i'm really annoyed, i'm gonna complain to MB and contact the papers. can i claim from MB? :doh: i just got the car and the seller says i can get it repaired all for free. :devil:

p.s. is rust common on these cars? my mate has a 96 Vectra without a spot of rust on it. n e 1 heard of this problem b4?

A newbie is as much a member as any of us. Are we really so self important and busy that we can't cut a little slack for a valued new member? It doesn't take long to learn, and anyway, who of us hasn't made a mistake on here?

Of course! its just a bit of fun,

i can distinctly remember posting myself re 5.5 V8 fuel consumption when i had just joined and been out for a run in C240sports' 55.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom