Oldschool Windscreens Chertsey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GP801

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK, Volvo XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro EV
Some on here may know that the 124 went to my local body shop for a tiny area of corrosion to be dealt with around the tailgate window. The body shop got a well known national windscreen outfit to remove the glass which they promptly broke. Allegedly by removing it with the wiper motor still attached. Nice new screen fitted by them at no cost to me.
Unfortunately it leaked like a sieve. The boot was soaked. Two attempts at sealing this and no better. You can see the water coming in.
Rather fed up by now but having read about Oldschool on here I thought I would give them a go. Superb service right from the first phone call. Knowledgeable lady on the phone suggests perhaps best to put a new seal in. Give her the VIN and she promises to check availability from Tony Purslow. Ten minutes later phones back to confirm order, price and booking for this friday at 0830.
Really good professional service. Work done in 90 minutes or so. Glass left spotless. No sticky marks like before. No leaks so far. Told the new seal was not really needed as the old one was completely clean but it was fitted in any case. Despite what I had been told there was apparently no sealer at all around the glass!
Whilst waiting I had probably the best ever full english breakfast in their on site cafe.
So to sum up brilliant service at a very reasonable price. If you need work on your car glass then these people are as good as it gets. Worth going out of your way to use them

+1 for Old School, have used and known the team for many years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom