OLED v 4K TVs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Has anyone bought either of these. Saw the 55" LG OLED in Costco and thought it was fantastic...now having read the interwebby am completely confused.

My cinema guys said don't bother with 4k. Deciphering all the technical guff it was something along the lines of not enough source material, and other gubbins in proper 4k. Just like there isn't much in proper 1080p HD even now.

Basically 4K is 4 X HD, but the problem is there is no material or support eg sky, virgin bbc etc which display in 4K, stick to a nice LED for now.

I think netflix shoes 1 or 2 shows in 4k, but not enough to spend that kind of money!

I would swap 3/4 years down the line when it is the norm...

Anyone bought a OLED TV?

My Samsung 7000 series LED must be about 5 years old , still looks great and still going strong . It won't be getting replaced until it breaks - which may be a while yet .

I have one of the LG curved OLED tv's and it's awesome picture seems so much better than ordinary LED tv's , but I agree there is not much 4k content and even true 1080p is not there yet. There's a thread on here from when I bought it, about 18 months in still love it and it's the aesthetics that really does it for us fits the room perfectly.

My only negative us the sound is carp but that's true of all tv's so it just runs through my Yamaha dts system

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom