Olympic "Food Vision" published

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Palfrem, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Palfrem

Palfrem Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
    http://www.london2012.com/documents/locog-publications/food-vision.pdf

I know it's a helluva read, but am I alone in finding this a bit, well, just vacuous tripe?

It's a bit worrying to see McDonalds, Coca-Cola and Cadbury being puffed up in a document peppered with this twadle.

"While the focus of this food vision is on the delivery of outstanding food and beverage services for the Games, we recognise the opportunity for the principles and practices developed here to be used much more widely. Using this opportunity to spread the sustainable food agenda throughout the industry would be a major legacy achievement."

I have selected one early paragraph almost at random to share the flavour of the entire 42 pages.

All this and yet spectators won't be able to bring their own food into any Olympic venue?

2. nick mercedes

nick mercedes MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Ford Expedition
    And will have to pay for fatty and sugary food from Mcdonalds/Cadburys/Coca Cola, with their Visa card.

Farce innit.

3. @MARK

@MARK Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi A7 Quattro
    I don't think I am alone in saying that I am ashamed of what the 2012 games have become.

They seem to sum up everything that is wrong about this country right now from the top down and demonstrate that the powers that be have not learnt a damn thing the last few years of economic hell.

3 people like this.
  4. neilrr

neilrr MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Various.