Olympic Tickets - what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Received email this morning confirming 6 tickets for basketball on 4.8.12 pm at cost of £40.00 each:eek:

We decided to spread our choices so we could go as a family with grandaughter as well so has worked out ok.

Didn't get anything for hockey, cycling, athletics though :dk:

How did others get on I wonder?

got tickets for every event...

at home on the sofa. if i can be bothered to watch it

3 x tickets for the 100m finals and other events that evening:bannana:

chuffed to bits!

none - wifes a bit miffed:mad:

none, but then I didn't ask for any :)

I have however negotiated that I will NOT be doing any London customer site repairs for the duration of the games.

The Olympics is best watched on the TV.

The only reason anyone buys tickets is just to say 'we were there'.

The whole process is frankly shameful and dare I say it unfair in the extreme.

Personally I think the Olympics should be abolished - its a poison chalice for any country takiing it on (sorry I meant city!)

The billions spent on it should be spent on health, the poor and the needy in this country.

And no I am not winding you all up!

I agree, the ticket allocation system was a complete farce. Interesting that in the Bejing games the max ticket price was £5 IIRC for the general admission seats, go figure!!!

The Olympics is best watched on the TV.

The only reason anyone buys tickets is just to say 'we were there'.

The whole process is frankly shameful and dare I say it unfair in the extreme.

Personally I think the Olympics should be abolished - its a poison chalice for any country takiing it on (sorry I meant city!)

The billions spent on it should be spent on health, the poor and the needy in this country.

And no I am not winding you all up!

E Class, I'm with you all the way. A massive never to be recouped waste of public money which as you say would have been much better spent on more worthy projects IMO;)

E Class, I'm with you all the way. A massive never to be recouped waste of public money which as you say would have been much better spent on more worthy projects IMO;)

Couldn't agree more, I have far better things to do than watch someone prance about in a leotard ( except maybe the ladies volleyball :D ). The money could have built a couple of hospitals or a few schools.

Daz

I applied for loads, only got two ticks to Taekwondo... im not even sure why I applied for that!

Isn't euro2012 on at the same time? Between football and the olympics, football wins every time!

I've never wanted to watch the olympics live, tbh I'm not that bothered about watching them on tv!

Isn't euro2012 on at the same time? Between football and the olympics, football wins every time!

I've never wanted to watch the olympics live, tbh I'm not that bothered about watching them on tv!

Not really, Euros are normally wrapped up early July, whereas the Olympics starts early July...

On the subject of the Olympics, what an absolute disaster this 'ticket lottery' has been. And then you get Seb Coe going on TV trying to defend the indefensible like a politician that's trying to defend their 'expenses'.

It's not like the rest of the economy is going to benefit from all this either.

'The Dawn of a new era' is what they said about Athens. Need I say more???

I agree, the ticket allocation system was a complete farce. Interesting that in the Bejing games the max ticket price was £5 IIRC for the general admission seats, go figure!!!

If the tickets had been cheaper, even free, it would have been no easier to get to an event than the way they did it.

I would rather watch repeats of Emmerdale Farm with subtitles in Swahili than anything to do with the Olympics.

Just my personal opinion of course.

I did not apply for any.....no intention of going to the wrong side of London on public transport as one of thousands of people.....most uncomfortable.
Best view on TV.....for me anyway.

Mic

If the tickets had been cheaper, even free, it would have been no easier to get to an event than the way they did it.

If we hadn't wasted £10 BILLION (and rising) to host the Olympics then we wouldn't have to worry about the ticketing lottery.

My son has got tickets for Archery and Beach Volleyball but where's the beach in London?

It was right to ask Mike. Lively thread coming up. Congratulation to folk who got tickets enjoy the gig.

Cancel all birthday celebrations, cancel Christmas. Send their costs to whomever. Sack cloth and ashes all round. Ya, boo, sucks, humbug if you like.

Ill no doubt watch the running, jumping and throwing things on the box. Gonna be some empty roads around too at the various finals time:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom