Are you interested in the Olympics??

• Very interested.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Slightly interested.

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • Couldn't care less.

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Disappointed in the Slovenian Triple Jump team. They excluded this fine athlete. Snežana Rodić

1i0uw6.jpg

There were two volunteers in uniform providing information on the P&O ferry I returned to the UK on today. Following from afar it seems to be a superb event, although unanimously my German friends hadn't got the foggiest about what half the opening ceremony was about. I felt the same about the production (NOT the music or singing) of Tristan that I attended at Bayreuth!

unanimously my German friends hadn't got the foggiest about what half the opening ceremony was about.

And therein lies the key to the opening ceremony's greatness: that we had the confidence to present to the world something quintessentially British, giving no quarter to the usual hand-wringing about whether the world would "get" it. For once we just said: this is us, take it or leave it.

Enjoying the Mountain-Biking too. Great course, hopfully they keep that going beyond the Olympics........

Overall I'd have to say you Brits have done a reasonably good job with all of this - give yourselves a pat on the back - enjoying it immensely.

Incredible effort from Mo - well done fella! Chuffed for him.

I cannot believe how well we've done - inspiring!

Apparently, Rio are concerned they are not going to be able to match our efforts as we've set the bar so high!

Well, an athlete from my adopted home town whom I sponsored to go to Beijing 4 years ago (there being little money in diving) as a 14 year old just won a Bronze, having also been to the same school as me. Dat Deus Incrementum, and well done Tom Daley!

Out of all the sports that have been on TV during the Olympics the only one I haven't been able to sit through has been the football.

It just seems really dull when compared to just about anything else.

Out of all the sports that have been on TV during the Olympics the only one I haven't been able to sit through has been the football.

It just seems really dull when compared to just about anything else.

I had options on free tickets to the football and it was definitely not something I was interested in watching.
I was on site for some matches, but didn't watch any of it event though I could have done.

Hopefully the Olympics really have "inspired a generation" as the strapline says. Football gets far too much exposure and money in this country compared to other sports, which are much more interesting and engaging.

I was a doubter when the Olympics was awarded to London especially after the July 7 bombings but I think the whole affair has been fantastic and have thouroughly the whole 2 weeks.

Well done to all concerned.

It is a showcase to what Britain can do. It takes more than one Seb Cow to design, built and manage such an operation. And it takes tens of thousands of hard working dedicated Brits to actually build and run it.

It is true that the Olympics are almost free of commercial constraints - funding comes mainly from sponsorships and governments budget - but this is precisely why it demonstrates that as a nation we have not lost the ability for great achievements - and given half a chance - nothing is impossible.

Well done all.

Well, an athlete from my adopted home town whom I sponsored to go to Beijing 4 years ago (there being little money in diving) as a 14 year old just won a Bronze, having also been to the same school as me. Dat Deus Incrementum, and well done Tom Daley!

He's done incredibly well too - especially when considering the **** he's had to go through.

Excellent achievement.

Seems the French have been very ungracious (during and after ) about the London Olympics.I know it's close to us but always puzzled why Brits visit France more than any other country.
When will Brits get the hint that the (shock gasp horror,er hello...) .....French don't like us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom