OM605 Intake Manifold Bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyEnglish86

Car
Mercedes W202 C250TD
I can't find these bolts anywhere on the internet. Am I only going to find them at a dealer?

Thanks

Have you got any of the old ones, i forget what they're like?

Unless there's an overriding need for originality I'm guessing these are M8 x 60 and any similar bolt will do the job.

Unless there's an overriding need for originality I'm guessing these are M8 x 60 and any similar bolt will do the job.

No not particularly. If a normal bolt is ok to use

A 'normal' bolt may have access issues for a socket set but any cap screw bolt would do the job just as well. Counting the threads on yours it looks like it may be 55mm long. Here is an M8 x 55 cap screw bolt. Although not threaded to it's full length there are sufficient threads to do the job based on the dirty threads on your bolt picced above.
How many do you need?

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    705.7 KB · Views: 4
Shouldn't some attention be paid to the class and material of the original bolt e.g. 8.8 or 10.9?

I often resort to OEM nuts and bolts if I cannot establish the required strength of a given bolt.

Shouldn't some attention be paid to the class and material of the original bolt e.g. 8.8 or 10.9?

Good point although I suspect inlet manifold bolts are no more than 8.8, screwing as they do into an ally head any stronger than that would be overkill. The ones in my pic above are 12.9. Strong enough to suspend the car on one alone I should think. ;)

Agree that into alloy heads and blocks, its not going to be as significant.

The main point is users should have some awareness and match the strengths wherever possible. My pet cringe is the suspension and subframe diys where the old bolts have been re-used even when the original torque settings took the bolts past their elastic limit e.g. 90 lb-ft +90 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom