Om613 oil leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foru2justnv

Car
Mercedes w211 E320 CDI s212 e220cdi
Hi all
Oil leak coming from under oil filter area on a 2003 e class with om613 engine. It has an oil cooler behind and not to the side like in the later om648.
Cant see any way to access it, looms like a complete manifold off job.
Anyone done one before or of the oil filter housing. Can't believe how hard this one is looking to be.

Tempted to chuck some engine oil stop leak stuff in there.

Hi all
Oil leak coming from under oil filter area on a 2003 e class with om613 engine. It has an oil cooler behind and not to the side like in the later om648.
Cant see any way to access it, looms like a complete manifold off job.
Anyone done one before or of the oil filter housing. Can't believe how hard this one is looking to be.

Tempted to chuck some engine oil stop leak stuff in there.
Any way it’s oil left over from a messy filter change ?

The oil cooler is fiddly. I removed mine when I did my head gasket. Lots of parts to remove unfortunately. I don't think you can even remove it from underneath as the bolts are hard to access. I'm sure the manifold will have to come off but it's not as bad as it may seem. If you are good with spanners then it's just time consuming.

You need to remove the EGR and cooler, undo fuel rail, fuel filter housing and manifold. Clean all the coke out whilst it is all off

The oil cooler is fiddly. I removed mine when I did my head gasket. Lots of parts to remove unfortunately. I don't think you can even remove it from underneath as the bolts are hard to access. I'm sure the manifold will have to come off but it's not as bad as it may seem. If you are good with spanners then it's just time consuming.

You need to remove the EGR and cooler, undo fuel rail, fuel filter housing and manifold. Clean all the coke out whilst it is all off

i thought it might be, im confident but just dont have the time, steering down the oil stop leak line at the moment, i reckon it can be done with a 1/4 drive long e8 socket will be a pig to do but lets see, will update, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom