OM629 Glow plug module repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

X11WDY

Car
ML420
Hi

As anyone who will be reading this will know the Glow plug relay module is no longer available to buy,

I have successfully repaired mine, there are many youtube videos for the 6cylinder versions and this is almost the same,

I plan to make a PDF with photos and step by step guide but it anyone needs any assistance in the meantime let me know

Is it difficult as I believe my relay has gone? I only changed all 6 plugs last April. Its been struggling to start recently and my glow plug warning light stays on for a few minutes after start up. Ta

if it is then its reasonably easy if you can use a soldering iron

Hi

As anyone who will be reading this will know the Glow plug relay module is no longer available to buy,

I have successfully repaired mine, there are many youtube videos for the 6cylinder versions and this is almost the same,

I plan to make a PDF with photos and step by step guide but it anyone needs any assistance in the meantime let me know

Hi

I have the same issue on y ML420 cranks a while before firing up and coil light stays on. Seen relays at around £200 but will try a repair if you say you have repaired yours?

The problem with the om629 module is it is no longer being made, the V6 version is but still it is much cheaper to repair

Yes they are no longer being made

Has anyone successfully repaired a OM629 glow plug relay? I've OM642 V6 ones repaired. Seems a bit fiddly but as the OM629 V8 part is NLA, I need to attempt to repair it, as the car is cranking for a while before firing up.
TIA for any advise

Hi

Yes I have repaired mine
Any tips? Does it require major electrical engineering knowledge LOL? I'm not even sure where its located. On my last ML320 it was at the front on the engine itself. But I don't see it there on my 420?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom