OM642.838 engine type help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOTO1818

Car
2011 E350 Blue Efficiency
Hi, new to the forum and looking for any help regards my engine. Any help will be gratefully received.

I have a 2011 W212 E350 Blue Efficiency with the engine type OM642.838. My engine is shot due to an oil issue and my question is what other engine type fits (if any). I'm looking for a block to start a rebuild or a complete engine for the right price but not many OM642.838 engines seem to be around. I would think that at least the block will be the same on other engine types but did not wish to make an expensive mistake!! thanks and regards, Bill.

Essentially the base block & heads are all the same even going back into CD 14 era non blue'es .
Essentially & remember !!!
Blurrtech has camshafts specific to Blurrtech engines and I have used CD 14 heads onto CD16 base blocks and installed CD16 cams into them
.After that its basically hanging parts onto the base replacement long block with everything specific to your engine build, i.e YOUR ORIGINAL engine's FIE , Turbo, manifolding, pans, harness etc etc .
So be careful about mixing & matching, thus creating a licorice allsorts engine that that won't run properly .

Tuercas viejas

Hi, thanks so much for the information. When you say CD14 era, what do you mean by that? Sorry for not being up to speed on the numbers !!

Thanks again,

Bill.

Hi, thanks so much for the information. When you say CD14 era, what do you mean by that? Sorry for not being up to speed on the numbers !!

Thanks again,

Bill.
Bill
CD14 spec is the pre Bluetech engine family .
CD16 is Bluetech Efficiency , the change in engine specs to increase power and introduce additional pollution controls including DEF injection .

Just out of interest what happened to the original engine and its quote;- An oil issue?
Curious.
Tuercas viejas

Hi Tuercas, thanks for the information. The issue is that the turbo went, ran low on oil and spun No6 cylinder big end. I’m fully stripped and ready to rebuild but could you help with wether I need new bolts on the main and big ends?

Attachments

• 1B32FABF-C72A-4C68-863E-0233A864AF27.jpeg
    1B32FABF-C72A-4C68-863E-0233A864AF27.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Hi Tuercas, thanks for the information. The issue is that the turbo went, ran low on oil and spun No6 cylinder big end. I’m fully stripped and ready to rebuild but could you help with wether I need new bolts on the main and big ends?
Cant tell you the official line but personally always fit new bolts with bearings and shells are they torqued only or do they have an additional x degrees added?

They are stretch bolts with a degree finish yes.

Then there is your answer they have been stretched already, further stretching will probably exceed tolerances, reuse may risk thousands for pennies

Haha, fair enough. Well said 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom