Om642 and remap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
Hi, anyone had a remap following the mb diesel gate scandal software update . Been told a remap deletes what mb did . Any issues. Thanks

It does NOT delete what MB did. The remap is applied 'on top' of the ECU update. I've spoken to all the main remap companies and it cannot be rolled back and a remap certainly does not undo what MB did,

But driven carefully you will get a bump in economy, perhaps putting it back to where it was before the update.

As above , a remap is a modification of the current ecu software map .

With BMW and VW etc it is possible to apply the pre update software and modify that but Mercedes has made that a very difficult task.

As above , a remap is a modification of the current ecu software map .

With BMW and VW etc it is possible to apply the pre update software and modify that but Mercedes has made that a very difficult task.
Remap place doesn't seem phased by it tbh. He's done a few so far . I was just wondering if it would cause any problems.

Screenshot_20210911-075105_Chrome.jpg

I think the point being made was that the tuners can certainly alter the post-Dieselgate updated software to give more power and torque, but what they cannot do is put it back to its pre-Dieselgate update state, which many owners might well prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom