OM642 'Black Death' - Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
Hi Everyone,

Noticed an exhaust smell in my cab recently so had a look today and turns out one of my injectors has been leaking, luckily doesn't look like long.
1WgiBs9.jpg

XE0ZHdy.jpg

LBGxD8W.jpg

yrGSQsb.jpg

Managed to remove the injector without too much trouble and cleaned up the port pretty well.

Have ordered the parts:
X1 Injector Bracket A6420160038, X1 Copper Seal Ring A6110170060, X1 Injector Bracket Bolt A0009902907

I don't have access to a workshop manual for this job so wondered if anyone knows the torque specs for the injector bolt? I believe it is a stretch bolt and read in one place (7NM + 90 degrees) then in another (7NM 90degrees + 90degrees). Anyone have a definitive spec from WIS?

Secondly I need some ceramic grease and remember reading about a decent alternative to the expensive MB stuff. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

I think this is a good write-up.

I think this is a good write-up.

Thanks for that, great write up.

I am going to go with the slightly thicker Honda seals (16472-RBD-E00) people seem to use. I will go with 7NM and 90 degrees.

My only concern now is if I need to have the injector resurfaced as there is slight pitting from the gas blow by:

MzT0Qpg.jpg

s4J3B7Z.jpg

Will ring around a few machine shops near me tomorrow and see what they quote.

Thanks

If you have a seat cutting tool remove the cutting head from the mandrel and reverse it onto the injector. You can clean and resurface the injector with hand pressure.

If you have a seat cutting tool remove the cutting head from the mandrel and reverse it onto the injector. You can clean and resurface the injector with hand pressure.
Hadn't thought about that. Surely the injector is much harder material, and without the bore to guide the tool there is a chance I go at an angle and mess up the mating surface?

The injector surface is clean from carbon, it is just a ever so slight pitting from the gas blow by. Not sure if the washer will seal fine with it is as is.

Hadn't thought about that. Surely the injector is much harder material, and without the bore to guide the tool there is a chance I go at an angle and mess up the mating surface?

The injector surface is clean from carbon, it is just a ever so slight pitting from the gas blow by. Not sure if the washer will seal fine with it is as is.
It is harder, but if you have a good quality tool it’ll clean up easy. The injector nose mimics the mandrel tool, so it’s easy to keep it square. Have a go, it’s easy.

I was yesterday too lazy to answer but yes, as other above mentioned, you may have a bad conditions sealing surface on sylinder head side, because copper seal was so badly damaged by exhaust gas abrasive.

I believe torque has mentioned in post liked above but it is 7Nm +90 +90deg... clean thread and bottom hole well!. You may have trouble having a air lock in your removed injector (if it is piezo), usually it resolves itself when only one injector is removed by time and 6 cyl engine is better starting by 5 others (than 4 cyl vs 3). SDS has bleeding procedure too.

MB grease is expensive if you compare it to kg price, but that tiny (50g) can is enough for several repairs and total price is not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom