OM642 - E280 CDI - Remapping - what is the definitive answer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To flow more air the filtration structure is more open but also allows more dirt and dust through .

To flow more air the filtration structure is more open but also allows more dirt and dust through .
109 posts, not bad.
It does, but that is the cost of getting in air. I'm off now. I received and offered everything possible to the posts on this forum. Good luck.

OVER AND OUT.

If you are not afraid to spend the required GBP. Go for a clean stage 2 tune with, BMC FILTERS, a bigger Garrett Turbo, and any tuner recommended exhaust manifold, and make 300 BHP, 690 N.m Torque without a sweat. This can be pushed further with a few engine internal upgrade such as pistons, cam, crank, rods, valves, springs and a complete transmission overhaul with its own tune to match the power produced. With the latter done you can go up to 400+ bhp, with a detuned and locked 770 N.m torque, the tranny has been in many cases given out with more torque. In real life scenario, with these gains you will not be doing any miracles. I would also ask you to invest in a tuner recommender Limited slip diff. And you sure should add better tire compound.

Or you could avoid all this and use your diesel for another decade as a daily and purchase another AMG and do this tuning on it to make some real power and enjoy it on the side.
That's a lots of information.

What about the OP's actual question, does his E280 need to have a bench map to take it to an E320 spec remap or can it be done via obd?

....And Aidroos got very , VERY close to being schooled on 'performance' air filters by Gazwould . But ducked out just at the right time . :p :banana:
Yes he must have just read his several previous posts, he knew then it was time to leave.

That's a lots of information.

What about the OP's actual question, does his E280 need to have a bench map to take it to an E320 spec remap or can it be done via obd?
Yes he does like to go off on one doesn't he ?

OK

In short, the e280 needs a bench remap to access all of the files on the ECU to have a 'proper' tune.

All these companies who are quoting 260bhp etc through OBD remap only ...proceed with caution as basically its not dooable.

I've now got my car booked in for for a remap with rolling road before and after...the company will have the ECU on the bench. Will update thread when i get results etc

Cheers

Lenny

Update to the thread - sorry for the delay but I had to push the date on this - finally got to the remapping company yesterday.

For starters, they tried initially to map the car via OBD and then road test/dyno'd it to see what it out out...231bhp.
But could not get it past this figure until ECU was removed to the bench and mapped there.

I've included the dyno sheet (with my reg blocked out) for you to see but in short:
268.8bhp
597nm torque

I hope this clears the matter up for another e280 owner if they are contemplating the remap route.

In summary..you can have e320 powder via OBD.
If you want more, it will be bench only

Regards

Lenny

Update to the thread - sorry for the delay but I had to push the date on this - finally got to the remapping company yesterday.

For starters, they tried initially to map the car via OBD and then road test/dyno'd it to see what it out out...231bhp.
But could not get it past this figure until ECU was removed to the bench and mapped there.

I've included the dyno sheet (with my reg blocked out) for you to see but in short:
268.8bhp
597nm torque

I hope this clears the matter up for another e280 owner if they are contemplating the remap route.

Regards

Lenny
How does the car feel now buddy (from an E320cdi owner )

268.8bhp
597nm torque

Regards

Lenny
What is the mileage of your vehicle?

@DSM10000 187k..
What I would say is that the car has been fusitidously maintained throughout all of of its life and this is reflective in current condition / paperwork.
It was a motorway guzzler for 90% of its life.

268.8bhp
597nm torque

Regards

Lenny
Good for you. Congratulations!

268.8bhp
597nm torque

Regards

Lenny
Which company did you use for the remap?

Thanks

But could not get it past this figure until ECU was removed to
Lenny
For clarification, and to answer your initial query. The bench read on most tools will give you access to the entire software including the torque limiters (amongst others) which have to be tweaked to get bigger power.

Obd read is only partial, depending on the tool, but this is not catch all as there are different ECU variants in different cars with the same engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom