Om642 egr fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyboy23

Car
Mercedes GL320 CDI
I do apologise if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find the answer.
Just recently bought a GL320 cdi 2007 with 150k on the clock. Have sorted small oil leaks from intercooler pipe to muffler o ring, breather and turbo intake. But can not figure out what is wrong with egr or other components in that line.
Symptoms-on acceleration it starts to jerk if accelerated at certain rpm. If accelerated slowly it is all good and also if accelerated hardly but somewhere on the middle it starts to jerk/hesitate especially when there is a load (going uphill from traffic lights). Scanned with star and no faults-tried egr actuation and engine starts to hesitate and even can stall if cold when i actuate egr to open position. Egr replaced with other used one and still same symptoms/behaviour. When done egr self test-star showed that egr needs replacement,hence swapped it to other. When egr actuated open-engine struggles and white smoke is coming of exhaust if accelerated briefly (also struggling to rise rpm)
Also the MAS readings were very low when checked it today.
Any clues please?
Swirl flaps…dpf?
Thank you in advance

Sounds like it could be the turbo actuator - try opening it and cleaning the carbon dust out and re-greasing the gears.

Sounds like it could be the turbo actuator - try opening it and cleaning the carbon dust out and re-greasing the gears.
Thank you for reply. Previous owner told me that it had new turbo recently and it looks fresh as well. I had actuator fault on my previous e class and this does not feel the same. Also i do not understand egr behaviour in that case. But i will try your suggestion, thanks again.

Maf sensor was turned around in the intake pipe…probably to hide turbo issues. Now hawing whistling turbo and judder at acceleration on different rpm.

I don't know if it's the same as the e350, but the green o-ring seal between the aluminium pipe along the top of the engine (front to back) where it connects next to the turbo is easy to mis-position or pinch when installing. Also generates an oil mist that starts to get the top of the engine filthy.

Also, if you've not changed them, the orange o-ring connecting the batwing to the turbo inlet, and the two orange o-rings connecting each side of the batwing might need a replacement. These are all pretty cheap.

I don't know if it's the same as the e350, but the green o-ring seal between the aluminium pipe along the top of the engine (front to back) where it connects next to the turbo is easy to mis-position or pinch when installing. Also generates an oil mist that starts to get the top of the engine filthy.

Also, if you've not changed them, the orange o-ring connecting the batwing to the turbo inlet, and the two orange o-rings connecting each side of the batwing might need a replacement. These are all pretty cheap.
Hi. All o ring replaced with new ones few days ago and there actually were no noises from the turbo when the maf was other way around…

Same…will trie to take off actuator and see if it has broken connections inside
I’ve done that on mine , easy job , make sure you tie some cotton/fishing line around the split clip thingy when you pop it off to release the actuator arm .
Spray the carbon gunk out with electrical spray and I then put a tiny blob of high temp grease on the worm gear (on advice of @Larkone ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom