OM642 engine smoke.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure OP if you took the time to read my post above but you certainly put me a little more at rest......
Did you have the Valve Stem seals replaced as a precautionary measure or where there signs of wear?
Good luck with the "put together" and yes, look forward to your updates!
Yes I had new stem seals fitted, purely as a precaution.

Not sure OP if you took the time to read my post above but you certainly put me a little more at rest......
Did you have the Valve Stem seals replaced as a precautionary measure or where there signs of wear?
Good luck with the "put together" and yes, look forward to your updates!
I also had the turbo reconditioned as I felt the play in the shaft was excessive. It had a new actuator fitted and a new core....which has just as much play in it. I queried it with the remanufacturer (Midland Turbos) and they said that was correct. Aparrently the play disappears with oil pressure.

FWIW......

I post similar in another post

On the carbon sludge in the intake this is due to sending exhaust gas {EGR system] back into the intake along with the PCV / crank case pressure valve {this is what MB calls it] venting into the turbocharger, both not good for any engine.

Installing a catch can / oil separator system will be beneficial in reducing the build up in the intake manifold.

If interested review the MANN + HUMMEL ProVent System"

https://oe-products.mann-hummel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/kataloge/kataloge-wartungsanleitungen-mann+hummel/kurbelgehauseentlueftung/ProVent_en.pdf

Very easy to install.

Regards

Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom