OM642 gt2056v hybrid gt2365v

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SaundersW203

Car
Mercedes C320 Cdi
Good evening all.

I have a 2006 c320cdi 95000 miles.
Cat internals removed.
Swirl flaps removed.
EGR has been blanked at the intake system.
Recently installed a hybrid turbo, gt2056v with a gt23 turbine from a C30amg paired with a 65mm billet compressor wheel. Therefore turbo is now a gt2365v.

Recently took the car to a reputable tuner, when tuning on the dyno the pre-turbine exhaust back pressure was very high, only allowing 280bhp and 450lbft of torque. The turbo was built by a reputable company, who assured me id see around 350bhp. Additionally these exact internal on a BMW330d regularly see 550lbft and 370bhp, I know the BMW runs a slightly different gt2260v as standard, but the turbo company are convinced it should be working effectively in my housing and have seen it work effectively on other engines.

Does anyone on the forum have any experience tuning the om642 engine that may be able to shed some light?

Many thanks,
Adam

If egr is clogged, remove the blockage, the ecu needs exhaust pressure information to make the turbo work properly.
Secondly, there is about 50mm throttle in the beginning of downpipe, chance the whole thing to 3" one.
Thirdly, you need a good cooler, that is something very different, what is in there now.

Typically 350-360hp, with differ valve springs ~400, and broken transmission.

Hi, EGR has been blocked at the intake side.
I shall look into changing throttle and intercooler.
Managed to do a little data logging today (4th gear pulls), shows that as the airflow increases so does the exhaust pressure with the veins fully open. I can now go back to the turbo company and explain that the turbo is not performing as they told me it would. Graph.png

The turbo might be ok.
It is the bad downpipe, that causes this situation, air (exhaust) do not flow properly.
That's why boost pressure do not rice - one reason.
The other is, that vanes are too open, after you have done your "things", the remapper have to do his.

Hi, did you sort this problem out? Cheers, John

Hi John,
Still undergoing,
Currently making a complete 3" turbo back exhaust.
Additionally in the next couple of months I will be going for a large intercooler.
I am also looking at OBD data loggers, the data logging function on my Autel isn't going to be good enough.
Thanks

With it all tacked together, no. have welded it this morning. Will test fit tomorrow and maybe start it up. Maybe when the engine rocks on the mounts something may hit. But so far all looks good.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 08.33.30.png
Unfortunately the data logging I have access to outside of work is not as good as what I am used to. I have been trying a different software called OBDwiz, the data logging function is better but variables are not all readily available so now trying to set up custom PID's.
Anyway I think at around 2400rpm to 2800rpm I am now hitting some sort of torque limiter. Airflow through the engine has been increased by more than I though by just changing the exhaust. Shows how restrictive the standard one is even without CAT's.
Next up will be a big intercooler as boost temps are getting far too high.

69852539_2856351677727544_7047274303116541952_n.jpg 70145064_2396632597326145_5596200064356712448_n.jpg 70416133_1610209765786845_7945474963983564800_n.jpg 70858679_382573082425096_8569203145639460864_n.jpg
Finally got round to doing some intercooler and pipework this week. The first photo shows how restrictive the standard pipework is in places. All custom 63mm pipework as there is nothing readily available, throttle body delete all held together with some heavy duty clips. I haven't cut the bumper yet, if the boost temps are still a bit high I shall modify the bumper to allow better airflow.
Will get some data logging done when the roads are quiet.

Nice work! How deep is the intercooler, is it a universal cooler?

View attachment 88879 View attachment 88880 View attachment 88881 View attachment 88882
Finally got round to doing some intercooler and pipework this week. The first photo shows how restrictive the standard pipework is in places. All custom 63mm pipework as there is nothing readily available, throttle body delete all held together with some heavy duty clips. I haven't cut the bumper yet, if the boost temps are still a bit high I shall modify the bumper to allow better airflow.
Will get some data logging done when the roads are quiet.

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by throttle body delete ? Its blanked or removed ?
Also your last photo, where does this fit ?

Hope you can find time to reply, cheers P

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by throttle body delete ? Its blanked or removed ?
Also your last photo, where does this fit ?

Hope you can find time to reply, cheers P

Hi, throttle body removed from intake system. The new aluminium pipe with welded on flange bolts onto the plastic intake manifold splitter pipe.

Thanks

Thats for the reply.

What are you gaining from the removal ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom